My first thoughts:
– Thank God I don’t have to waste 5 talent points for Spiritual Focus anymore. Yay for only needing 2! Less bloat, hooray!
– Yay Divinity in Holy!
– Judgements of the Pure is going to be available to any paladin and HOLD THE PHONE. HOLD THE PHONE. That reads NINE percent haste. Not 15. NINE. Check that, 9 percent. And so the nerfage begins.
– … Divine Light is the name of our big-ass heal? Seriously? Could you really not think of a better name?
– Beacon is only good for Holy Light and Holy Shock redirects. Okay. So basically, I’m going to use it the same way as I use it now; on a tank who is also being healed by someone else.
– WTF, Inspired Judgement heals my beacon for the amount of damage the judgement caused? Really? Is this a “fun” talent?
– At least Illumination returns to the less-bloaty. I still want that 30% bumped back up to 100%, Blizzard. I have not forgotten the Great Illumination Nerf of Burning Crusade.
– Again, Improved Concentration Aura looks fairly lackluster, assuming they don’t change the pushback mechanics again.
– Aura Mastery stays the same. Still want this back to 10 seconds. :P
– Great. I have to spend a talent point to ensure my Cleanse remains as awesome as it is. Thanks.
– Selfless Healer is… blah? I’m saying this with no experience in terms of healing in Cataclysm, obviously, but why not switch this to 3% crit and it buffs you with 3% haste each time you heal someone else? Or something? THAT would be fun.
– Oh, there’s Divine Illumination, sitting at the bottom of my tree. It’s almost like it’s Burning Crusade again! And… WAIT ONE SECOND HERE. 30% extra crit? What?! WHERE IS MY MANA SAVING TALENT, YOU BASTARDS?!
As if that’s not bad enough, we cannot get Divine Sacrifice in Prot.
I suspect most holy PVE paladins will have something like this.
But the ret support tree for us is dead and we can’t even grab Divine Sacrifice in prot.
Totally underwhelmed. I don’t even know if I want to play the paladin in Cataclysm. Then again, I looked at the hunter tree. I don’t know if I want to play a hunter, either.